School is starting soon. I imagine students and teachers are mentally preparing themselves for 180 days worth of intentional instruction over the course of the next 9 months.
In the spirit of school starting and teachers teaching, I would like to share an insightful article written by an 18 year old student whose father is a teacher.
Top 10 Things Teachers Wish Parents Knew
- There are two types of students: 1) Those who are internally motivated, and 2) Those who are not. Adjust your parenting accordingly.
- It is human nature to lie. Thus, students lie.
- It’s not our job to parent. No. That’s your job.
- We have 100 plus students. You have maybe one or two.
- Your students actually do work hard.
- Enabling your child will only hurt them in the future.
- Your students will be more successful academically if they organize themselves in the classroom.
- Students need to know when to speak and when not to speak.
- We have lives just like you.
- We really are on your side.
source [button href=”http://www.radicalparenting.com/2012/06/23/top-10-things-teachers-wish-parents-knew/” size=”medium” textcolor=”#ffffff” target=”_blank”]Radical Parenting[/button]