A Preteen Discipleship Series
Discipleship is definitely more than a lesson book. It is the realigning of one’s whole life (thoughts, behaviors, emotions, choices, etc) toward the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Discipleship almost always happens through human relationships, not merely a book on discipleship.
However, it is often helpful to have some concrete material to work through together with a small group. As it is said in 2 Peter 3:18 “…grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ…” Disciples need to grow in knowledge of God and that can happen in a formal setting of learning.
Explore has two sections to it: a leader section and a student section. The Leader’s Guide directs leaders through a formal time of instruction on a topic while the Student Book assists the student along during the time of teaching.
Explore is composed of 8 books:
- Uncover the Truth about God
- Discover Your Place in God’s Plan
- Experience God’s Power in You
- Encounter Your Mission for God
- Investigate God’s Word for Yourself
- Link Your Life to God
- Unearth God’s Image in You
- Represent the Evidence for God
Each book has 6 “lessons” or concepts in them.
Explore is a great resource to systematically introduce students (particularly preteens) to the life of a disciple and to engage them in such a life.
Details and Order Information
Giveaway Details and Instructions
And Wesleyan Publishing House is going to give one away!
Anyone and everyone is eligible. In order to be included in the random drawing you must do one of the 4 things below.
- Comment below this post on how you would use the Explore materials in your children’s or youth ministry.
- Comment on how you would use Explore materials in your children’s or youth ministry or like the post @ Wesleyan Kids’ Facebook page
- Tweet this post or retweet @wesleyankids tweet.
- Subscribe to WesleyanKids.org email notifications on the right sidebar of this webpage, titled “Don’t Miss a Single Post.”
The contest is open for one week. At midnight on Thursday, October 24, the contest will close, and the winner will be picked using a randomizer program and announced the following day.