Well, you may have heard rumblings or rumors of a Wesleyan Children’s Ministry conference being planned… or you may not have. Either way, it is true! Introducing the…
Big Kids Leadership Conference
We all know that Children’s Ministry leaders are pretty much kids who haven’t quite grown up all the way, so we have created a fun, resourceful, networking opportunity called the Big Kid Leadership Conference!
When: June 6-7, 2014
Where: Cypress Wesleyan Church, 377 Alton Darby Creek Rd. Galloway, OH 43119
Who: Children’s Ministry Leaders
Lodging: Lodging is included in registration. Hotel details will be added soon.
What: The Big Kids Leadership Conference is a precursor to our Big Kids Conference* in October 2015. The schedule includes opportunities to engage in breakouts to expand your horizons on topics that almost all children’s ministries deal with, as well as a panel discussion with some of the breakout leaders and the Wesleyan Children’s Ministry Team based out of Headquarters.
To sum it up, the Big Kids Leadership Conference will include:
- Breakout sessions on topics such as:
- How to use social media to reach out to your kids and families.
- How to teach missions and get kids thinking about others.
- How to make your kids camp the coolest thing that happens all summer.
- How to engage and teach preschoolers, elementary students, and preteens.
- How to reach out to your community.
- How to engage families in your summer programming/VBS, etc.
- How to have the most amazing kids ministries without having any money.
- How to convince your leadership the importance of kids ministries.
- How to grow your church via kids ministries.
- How to be the leader who makes a difference in the lives of children.
- Resourcing opportunities
- SWAP table: bring your old resources and trade with others for their old resources, or buy used resources at garage sale prices.
The District Offices have been notified about the leadership conference, and are aware that we have invited five children’s leaders from each district to attend free of charge (event, lodging, and meals included; travel not included). These five spots are given first-come, first-served. However, if you were not contacted about the event through your district, yet would still like to attend, you are more than welcome to! Cost for those outside of the five free registrations per district is $100, and the cost covers meals during the event, one night lodging, and event registration.
*Big Kids Conference 2015 is a conference for not only children’s ministry leaders, but for their volunteers as well! More details to come.