Starting on Saturday, August 17, 2013, a series of posts will go live on this blog over the course of 10 days (10 posts total).
These posts are meant to start and sustain a discussion surrounding a white paper written by Doug Paul from Eikon Community Church called:
I’ve tried to track the author down, but haven’t been successful yet. The article he and his community wrote is a worthy discussion piece. It brings together quite a few discipleship and philosophical underpinnings and core values upon which to base a children’s ministry on.
The Wesleyan Kids community would love to hear your thoughts, so if you’re interested, take the time to read the post of the day and then comment (share your thoughts) below the post.
Here are the 10 sections the Children’s Ministry White Paper covers:
- It All Starts with Discipleship
- Children’s Ministry Research
- Parents as the Primary Disciplers of their Children
- How People Learn
- Role of the Church
- What We Want Our Kids to Know
- How We Will Do Children’s Ministry
- The Church Equips
- Parents Disciple Their Kids
- What If the Parents Aren’t Christians?
Looking forward to the conversation. Thanks!