Growing Kids Ministry highlights a way to play Twister out on your lawn.
How to Play the “Lawn Twister” Game
- 4 different colors of spray paint
- Poster board
- Medium size bowl
- Bucket and paper
Setup the Lawn Twister:
- The blog article has pictures of how to set this up
- Trace a circle off of a medium sized bowl (to the desired size of the twister circle) on a piece of poster board (try to get at least 2 circles on the poster board) and cut out the circles. This is your template.
- Take the template and spray paint a circle in a grid format. Make sure you have adequate spacing of the circles (not too close, but not too far away… think how far a student could reach with their hands and feet).
- Make 4 rows with your 4 different spray paint colors. You can make the “board” as long as you want, but stick with 4 colors.
Playing the game:
- You could grab a spinner from a Twister game, or
- You could make pieces of paper that represented the 4 colors (cardstock or colored paper) and on each color you would need: right hand, left hand, right foot, left foot. Instead of spinning, you could pull paper out of a bowl.