Wesleyan Publishing House has taken on an initiative to create a new video-based curriculum supplement that presents the stories of the Bible in a new and exciting way.
Simply put, these are narrated videos of various Bible stories while an illustrator draws the elements of the story on the screen. These videos are great to use to augment a teaching on these particular Bible stories.
Take a look:
At present, it looks like they have a few videos done and arranged in categories:
Stories of Jesus in Luke
- Jesus at the Temple (2:41–52)
- Jesus’ Baptism (3:2–22)
- Jesus’ Temptation (4:1–13)
- The Paralyzed Man (5:17–26)
- Ten Lepers (17:11–19)
- Zacchaeus (19:1–10)
The Story of Lent
- Nicodemus and God so loved the world (John 3:1–21)
- The triumphal entry (Matt. 21:1–11)
- The Last Supper (Matt. 26:17-30)
- Gethsemane and Judas betrays Jesus (Mark 14:32–50)
- The crucifixion (Matt. 27:1–66)
- The resurrection (John 20:1–18)
The Story of Advent
- Isaiah’s vision of hope (Isa. 7:14; 9:6-7; with Mic. 5:2)
- The magi in search of peace (Matt. 2:1-12)
- The annunciation and Mary’s response of love (Luke 1:26-38)
- The joy of Jesus’ Birth and of finding the Christ (Luke 2:1-20)
Accompanying each of these series are freely available, downloadable lesson plans, coloring sheets, and additional resources documents.