This week’s Bible is a simple one.
The Beginner’s Bible for Toddlers is just what it says: a simple story Bible for toddlers. I would even go so far to say that it should be for under 4. It might be a little too simple for 4-years old and up.
There are 11 stories in the Old Testament and 18 stories in the New Testament.
I might say the word “simple” a lot in the highlight because it is just that: simple. The stories are overly simplified and generalized. The stories have much more detail than reiterated in this story Bible, but the audience is toddlers.
Each page is covered with a graphic and 2-4 lines of text underneath it. As such, there is a lot of page turning here, but like I said in The Big Picture Story Bible highlight, that keeps kids’ attention when there is little text, lots of graphics, and many page turns.
Simple, yet sufficient, story Bible for toddlers.
Is The Beginner’s Bible for Toddlers a full text of the Bible? No, not even close.
Does this Bible have a lot of Bible stories in it? No, not many at all.
Are the major Bible stories present? Kind of.
Number of pages: 160
Age range: 2 – 5 years
Publisher: ZonderKidz, January 30, 2007
This story Bible is available at:
- Wesleyan Publishing House The Beginner’s Bible for Toddlers
- Kindle ebook The Beginner’s Bible for Toddlers
- iBook The Beginner’s Bible for Toddlers
Giveaway Details and Instructions
We are giving this story Bible away! Here’s how:
Anyone and everyone is eligible. In order to be included in the random drawing you must do one of the 4 things below.
- Comment below this post telling us how you would use this story Bible
- Comment on or like the post @ Wesleyan Kids’ Facebook page
- Tweet this post or retweet @wesleyankids tweet.
- Subscribe to WesleyanKids.org email notifications on the right sidebar of this webpage, titled “Don’t Miss a Single Post.”
The contest is open for one week. At midnight on Tuesday, June 11, the contest will close, and the winner will be picked using a randomizer program and announced the following day.