The Huddle is a children’s ministry training event held regionally throughout the country.
Saturday, November 16, 2013
9am to 3:30pm
Victory Highway Wesleyan Church
VictoryKids of Victory Highway Wesleyan Church would like to invite you and your Children’s Ministry Team to a community training event called The Huddle on Saturday, November 16, 2013 from 9am – 3:30pm for all individuals who work with children, preschool through grade school. Our desire is to come together with other individuals in the greater Corning area for a common purpose – training and equipping volunteers to serve God and children with a passion and assist them in developing their gifts and talents to the fullest potential.
We realize that it is difficult to bring your whole team to a conference or workshop when it is often located several hours away and comes with a big price tag. Through area networking we have been able to pull together a team of gifted speakers who are able to offer a variety of topics pertaining to Children’s Ministries. Sessions will address the needs of ministries and their volunteers, regardless of the size of the ministry or the budget.
- Practical Steps on How to Get Started – How to develop a strategy using the BIG ideas even if you are in a small church.
- Wake Up and Take Me to Church! – A statement lots of families wish their kids were saying. Learn how to create irresistible large group ministry kids won’t want to miss.
- Worship Preschool Style – Learn how to focus all that preschool energy into purposeful worship that will help them understand through music that there is a great big God who loves them. Come sing and dance the morning away!
- Help! I Need a Ministry Revolution – Ah, the mystery of mastering the art of finding and retaining Children’s Ministry volunteers. There are no magic solutions, but join us to learn and implement best practices, share creative ideas, and ways to ignite volunteers to the joy of serving.
- WOW Them with the Word – bring some ACTION into that Bible Story for grade school kids. Learn how to tell a really good story and make it come alive so they won’t forget.
- Welcome to the BigHouse Praise Place – Make your Bible storytelling more like child’s play. Learn creative ways to make Bible characters and stories come alive.
- BIG Changes Small Budget – Creative ideas and suggestions on utilizing limited funds and repurposing what you have to make great environments for your ministry.
- No Toys Needed – Utilize your preschool and grade school teaching time by taking toys out of the classroom and offering transitional activities that will help minimize distractions. Learn how to organize your resources and create activity bins for those awkward in-between times in the hour.
- Rethinking VBS – Is your program stuck in a rut? Feeling like what you have always done isn’t working for you or being the most effective? Let’s talk about another approach to reaching kids and parents – together!
- Show Them the Love – Take home some practical and fun ways to lavish appreciation on your volunteers.
- So You Think You Can Praise – Help your kids put their faith into motion by giving them what they love and building a deeper relationship with God. Learn how to create a Kids Praise experience that will get them up and out of their seats and dancing for the joy of the Lord
- Sharing the Vision with Visuals (Putting the POWER back in PowerPoint, to reach the media generation) – Learn how to push the envelope with PowerPoint in order to create multimedia presentations that ENGAGE kids.
- Engaging and Reaching the Preschool Heart – In spite of their wiggly, distractible nature, preschoolers are ready to learn. Their Sunday morning experience needs to be more than just playtime. Learn how to make story telling more like child’s play.
- The STORY – Every Children’s Ministry has a story that defines who they are. To insure the health of our ministry it is key that we are intentional about evaluating the health of our programs. This session will give you tools to determine the areas that need to be changed in order for it to fully become what God intended it to be.
- Creating Safe and Secure Environments for Kids and families – Ensuring your ministry and classroom is a safe place for kids requires intentionality. Come explore what keys things you need to be paying attention to.
And many more!
*New this year for Sr. & Exec. Pastors* – We will also be offering a round table discussion for those who come with their CM Team. Pastors will be able to sit down over an extended lunch with Victory’s Sr. Pastor Steve McEuen and discuss their Children’s Ministry programs with all its joys and challenges.
For a minimal fee you will experience a day of great music, dynamic speakers and individual breakout sessions. In addition to that, refreshments, lunch, giveaways and resources will be offered for everyone who attends.
- The cost for this great day is $25 per person, $99.00 for 4-6 people, or $150 for 7-10 people per church or organization.
- VictoryKids Volunteers: Please use the registration form specifically for VictoryKids. The cost for this great day is $10.
- If your church or organization registers before October 28, 2013 you will be entered in a drawing for the Early Bird Super Pack – Children’s Ministry Resources valued at over $550!
- Note: After November 11 the cost is: $40 per person, $150 for 4-6 people, & $200 for 7-10 people
If you are interested in investing in your volunteers, this is a very affordable option. We would love to have you bring your team and join us for a great day of inspiration and refreshment. Registrations begin October 6 through November 11, 2013. If you have questions please feel free to contact us for additional information. See you at The Huddle!
[button href=”http://wesleyankids.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Huddle-Registration-Form-Painted-Post-NY-2013.pdf” size=”medium” textcolor=”#ffffff” target=”_blank”]Download Registration Form[/button]
Tracy Parker, Director of VictoryKids Children’s Ministries
Victory Highway Wesleyan Church ~ 150 Victory Highway, Painted Post, NY 14870
email@example.com ~ 607-962-7000 ext. 128 ~ www.victoryhighway.com